Evaluation for the C.L.A.S.S.
Does your dog have C.L.A.S.S.?
The Canine Life and Social Skills (C.L.A.S.S.) Evaluation will be offered on Sunday, April 1, with evaluation times beginning at 12 p.m. Only one dog is evaluated at a time. The cost for the evaluation is $10, and all dogs 4 months and older are eligible to register. A signed Veterinarian Certificate is required, and is available at www.MyDogHasClass.com. To register, click here.
C.L.A.S.S. is an educational program designed to promote training focused on the use of positive reinforcement and to strengthen relationships between humans and their canine companions. The mission of C.L.A.S.S. is to promote positive relationships through positive training methods. This approach both develops and safeguards harmonious relationships by maintaining trust with our pet dogs.
You and your dog can earn your Bachelor’s (B.A.), Master’s (M.A.), or Doctorate (Ph.D.) by registering and participating in a C.L.A.S.S. evaluation. Successfully completing each C.L.A.S.S. level is like earning an academic degree in real-life skills with your dog. Some of the real-life skills assessed in C.L.A.S.S. are settling on cue, coming when called, walking politely on leash, waiting to be released to a food bowl, and responding to “leave it” in the face of temptation. The dog learns to ignore more challenging distractions each level up. For example, at the M.A. level the dog waits before being released from an open car and responds to the owner even when offered a treat from someone else. At the Ph.D. level, the dog demonstrates table manners during a simulated dinner scenario and comes directly to the owner when called past food and toys.
Why should you participate in a C.L.A.S.S. Course or Evaluation?
- The skills learned can be applied in a wide range of real life situations.
- C.L.A.S.S. instructors and evaluators strive to create an open,
supportive environment for you and your dog.
- The games and positive training methods make training your dog fun.
- C.L.A.S.S. provides an opportunity to show off your dog’s talents.
- Training in a positive environment helps you build a better bond with your dog.
Requirements for the C.L.A.S.S. Evaluation:
- Register for an individual time slot below
- Your dog must wear a permissible collar or harness
- You must bring doggy clean-up bags
- You must register at www.MyDogHasClass.com, take a student assessment and download a Veterinarian Certificate.
The C.L.A.S.S. Evaluation:
Monday, July 15, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 19, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Only one dog is evaluated at a time.
The cost for the evaluation is $10, and all dogs 4 months and older are eligible to register.
A signed Veterinarian Certificate is required, and is available at www.MyDogHasClass.com.
For more information, visit the C.L.A.S.S. website at www.MyDogHasClass.com.
You can download a free Student Handbook and register at the C.L.A.S.S. website.