Assemble New Pet Parent Goodie Bags
Want to help new pet parents get a leg up? Help by giving them some of the information and supplies they may need.
Ideas for your Goodie Bags:
- Select items to go in your goodie bags. This could include [pre-packaged] treats, a blanket, a collar or information on pet training classes from The Anti-cruelty Society.
- Collect the items and bags to put them in. You can get information from The Anti-Cruelty Society website on training and veterinary concerns. You may want to ask friends and family for donations, too.
- Assemble at least 20 goodie bags.
- Bring your goodie bags into The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Make sure to track your service hours using any forms from your school.
- Be sure to take pictures for your interview with the Humane Education Department
Putting together your project summary to receive credit
Now that you have donated your goodie bags, it's time to get credit for all your hard work!
- Write a 1-2 page summary of your experience. Some things you may want to include are why you chose this project, if you enjoyed working on it, and how you feel you helped our animals.
- Schedule a 15 minute interview with the Humane Education Department by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At your interview, you should bring with you:
- Your 1-2 page summary
- Your completed Service Learning forms from your school
- Pictures of your goodie bags or a sample
- Any forms from your school that need to signed by the Humane Educator.