Before Spay/Neuter Instructions
The following instructions apply to those customers who have scheduled an appointment for a spay or neuter surgery for their pet.
Please remember your appointment date as we are unable to confirm this over the phone.
- No food for your pet after 9 p.m. the night before surgery. Water is allowed overnight. Water should be removed first thing in the morning.
- Please arrive at the Clinic, 157 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. (Pick up is the same day as drop off between 5:30-6 p.m.)
- For the safety of your pet, we require that you transport cats in a pet carrier and dogs must be leashed or in a carrier.
- You must bring your pet’s vaccination records. It is mandatory that your pet be current on vaccinations against distemper (and parvo for dogs). If your animal is not currently vaccinated, there will be an additional $15 fee. Additionally, you may purchase a rabies vaccination ($20), microchip identification ($20) and/or a Leukemia/FIV test for cats ($25) the morning of surgery.
- Surgical fees: Dog Spay - $95, Dog Neuter - $95, Cat Spay/Neuter - $20.
In order to comply with current standards of The Association of Shelter Veterinarians, a small green tattoo will be applied next to the incision of each female dog or cat spayed at this facility. This is meant as an obvious visual indicator of the sterilization status of these animals thus preventing unnecessary surgery later in life.
- Payment for these services must be made at the time of admission. We accept cash (no bill larger than $50) and all major credit cards. Your animal must be picked up the day of surgery. There is no overnight stay. A $50 per animal cash fee will be charged for any animal not picked up.
- Due to the high demand for this low-cost program, we ask that you keep this scheduled appointment. If necessary, you can change your appointment date by giving at least two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) notice. A charge of $15 will be assessed to reschedule a missed cat appointment. We do not reschedule a missed dog appointment.