Please read the following information before scheduling an appointment.
Spaying or neutering your pet is one of the most important things you can do for him or her.
The Anti-Cruelty Society's clinic offers these important surgeries at a greatly reduced price.
Dog and cat spay/neuter appointments are Monday–Friday.Cost:
- Cats: $20 male or female
- Feral cats are free
Go to the end of this page to see details of how to schedule an appointment for a feral cat
- Dogs: $120 (Male and Female)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs are free
All appointments must be pre-paid for the cost of the surgery online via credit card (or debit card with a logo). You may cancel your appointment with at least 48 hours notice and the charges will be reversed. No refunds will be given for missed appointments. Owners of pit bulls will have charges reversed unless the appointment is missed.
Please note we do not reschedule missed dog appointments.
Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals, and you will forfeit your prepay. (Times are listed below)
Additional Services for Spay/Neuter Clinic animals:
- Canine/Feline Distemper Vaccination - $15
- Microchip - $25
- Feline Leukemia/FIV Test - $25
- Rabies Vaccination - $20
- The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals must have a current distemper vaccination.
- The county requires that all animals must have a current rabies vaccination.
Spaying and neutering surgeries require no overnight stays. You will be asked to bring your animal
to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 pm. and 6 p.m.
All animals must be at least 3 months of age to have a spay or neuter surgery.
- Dog spay, cat spay, cat neuter available Dec 19-30
- Dog neuter Dec 21-30
- We do not spay dogs during their heat cycles. Do not bring your dog in if it is in heat.
- We have a weight restriction; dogs must be less than 75 lbs.
To schedule an appointment click here.
The Anti-Cruelty Society's Clinic is located at:
169 W. Grand Ave. (Basement Level)
Chicago, IL 60654
Our parking garage is located on the south-west corner of Grand and Wells.
To cancel an appointment, or schedule a feral cat, please call (312) 644-8338, ext 340.Pre and Post-Surgical Instructions:
- If you have already scheduled an appointment, please click here for pre-operative spay/neuter instructions.
- If your pet has just undergone surgery, please click here for instructions on how to take care of your pet after surgery.
Pit Pals & Feral Cat Programs
If you own a pit bull or a pit bull mix, you may participate in our Pit Pals Program, which means you can have your pet spayed or neutered for free. Feral cats, too, can be spayed or neutered for free.
The Anti-Cruelty Society also operates a low income clinic for people who may not otherwise be able to afford proper veterinary care. Please call (312) 644-8338 ext. 350 or 351 to speak with a clinic receptionist for details on services and qualification criteria.
The Anti-Cruelty Society spays and neuters over 11,000 pets every year through this low-cost service.