Please read the following information before scheduling an appointment.
Spaying or neutering your pet is one of the most important things you can do for him or her.
The Anti-Cruelty Society's clinic offers these important surgeries at a greatly reduced price.
Dog and cat spay/neuter appointments are Monday–Friday.Cost:
- Cats: $20 male or female
- Feral cats are free
Go to the end of this page to see details of how to schedule an appointment for a feral cat
- Dogs: $120 (Male and Female) (excluding Pit Bull and Pit Bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs: $60
For many years we have provided pit bull surgeries at no charge. With increasing pressures on our resources we are implementing a discounted fee of $60. This fee does not reflect the true cost of this valuable service, but it will help us to continue to provide this lifesaving program for the greatest number of animals. If you are unable to afford even this modest charge, please refer to our Charity Veterinary Clinic page for information to qualify for this program.
All appointments must be pre-paid for the cost of the surgery online via credit card (or debit card with a logo). You may cancel your appointment with at least 48 hours notice and the charges will be reversed. No refunds will be given for missed appointments.
Please note we do not reschedule missed dog appointments.
Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals, and you will forfeit your prepay. (Times are listed below)
Additional Services for Spay/Neuter Clinic animals:
- Canine/Feline Distemper Vaccination - $15
- Microchip - $25
- Feline Leukemia/FIV Test - $25
- Rabies Vaccination - $20
- The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals must have a current distemper vaccination.
- The county requires that all animals must have a current rabies vaccination.
Spaying and neutering surgeries require no overnight stays. You will be asked to bring your animal
to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 pm. and 6 p.m.
All animals must be at least 3 months of age to have a spay or neuter surgery.
- Dog spay appointments available May 1-30
- Dog neuter appointments available May 1-30
- Cat spay appointments available May 1-30
- Cat neuter appointments available May 1-30
Please note that we are closed May 26th Memorial Day
- We do not spay dogs during their heat cycles. Do not bring your dog in if it is in heat.
- We have a weight restriction; dogs must be less than 75 lbs.
To schedule an appointment click here.
The Anti-Cruelty Society's Clinic is located at:
169 W. Grand Ave. (Basement Level)
Chicago, IL 60654
Our parking garage is located on the south-east corner of Grand and Wells.
To cancel an appointment, or schedule a feral cat, please call (312) 644-8338, ext 340.Pre and Post-Surgical Instructions:
- If you have already scheduled an appointment, please click here for pre-operative spay/neuter instructions.
- The following instructions apply to those customers who have scheduled an appointment for a spay or neuter surgery for their pet.
Please remember your appointment date as we are unable to confirm this over the phone.
- If your pet has just undergone surgery, please click here for instructions on how to take care of your pet after surgery.
Please arrive at the Clinic, 169 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. (Pick up is the same day as drop off between 5:30-6 p.m.) If you arrive before 8 a.m., please wait in our 169 W. Grand Ave lobby
Feral Cat Programs
Feral cats can be spayed or neutered for free. Please call (312) 644-8338, ext. 350 or 351 to speak to a clinic receptionist.
The Anti-Cruelty Society also operates a low income clinic for people who may not otherwise be able to afford proper veterinary care. Please call (312) 644-8338 ext. 350 or 351 to speak with a clinic receptionist for details on services and qualification criteria.
The Anti-Cruelty Society spays and neuters over 11,000 pets every year through this low-cost service.